Michael Parente focuses his labor and employment practice on counseling, traditional labor law and litigation. Michael regularly provides advice and representation to clients in litigation, administrative proceedings and collective bargaining. His background in manufacturing provides him with unique insight into a wide spectrum of issues his clients face in managing their workforces.
- Counsels employers on labor relations topics, including collective bargaining, contract and grievance administration, strike preparation, and proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
- Represented a tier one automotive supplier in an unfair labor practice trial before the NLRB.
- Achieved summary judgment on behalf of a life insurance company in an arbitration alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Assisted in the defense of a nationwide distribution company against unfair labor practice charges before the NLRB, including defending against related preliminary injunction proceedings filed in federal court.
- Assists clients in devising and implementing effective labor relations strategies to mitigate the impact of the recent “ambush election rules.” Trains management employees in effectively defending against union organizing efforts.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Community : Legal Aid Society
- J.D., University of Toledo College of Law, 2010
- B.S., University of Toledo, 2007
Admissions : Ohio, 2010
Rate : $$$$