Michael A. Pauletto is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Workers’ Compensation Practices. Mr. Pauletto has over 18 years of experience successfully defending actions involving construction site accidents, workers compensation, medical defense, product liability, professional liability, transportation, premises liability and toxic torts.
He has successfully defended owners, construction managers, general contractors, architects and subcontractors in a variety of high exposure lawsuits in state and federal court.
Mr. Pauletto has successfully defended employers in third party lawsuits in both State and Federal Court and has brought third-party lawsuits on behalf of insurers seeking reimbursement of their workers compensation lien.
Throughout his career Mr. Pauletto has helped employers and their insurers develop defense strategies to successfully manage the risk of work related accidents.
- The John Marshall Law School, cum laude, 1996
- Indiana University, 1991
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Legal Experience :
- Represented some of Illinois’ largest employers including retail grocery stores, hotel chains, restaurant chains, electrical contractors, general contractors and plumbing contractors.
- Drafts subcontracts for construction clients to maximize the protections afforded employers under the Illinois Workers Compensation Act.
- Regularly provides clients with presentations on changes and updates within the workers compensation industry.
Prior Experience :
Before coming to Lewis Brisbois in 2014, Mr. Pauletto spent 15 years as a partner at a Chicago litigation firm and 3 years as an associate at a workers compensation defense firm.
Rate : $$$$