Michael R. Perry is an active trial lawyer with more than 25 years of experience handling cases in state and federal court and before arbitration panels. Michael regularly represents corporate and individual clients in business disputes related to professional liability, health care, class actions, intellectual property and environmental issues.
Michael serves on the board of directors of the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, and is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the International Association of Defense Counsel.
- Represented utility company with respect to $80 million dollar enforcement action filed by the US Government seeking removal of an electrical cable buried beneath Boston Harbor.
- Obtained jury verdict including an award of multiple damages against a real estate developer who fraudulently claimed an ownership interest in a property owned by a real estate trust.
- Obtained $11 million dollar arbitration award on behalf of an internet entrepreneur and film producer who was defrauded by his financial advisor. Case was featured in the Wall Street Journal.
- Obtained $1.2 million dollar arbitration judgment on behalf of a utility in dispute with a national university over the proper interpretation of a gas purchase agreement.
- Represented a utility with respect to a claim filed by a local municipality seeking in excess of $40 million dollars in response costs associated with assessment and clean-up of a former landfill site.
- Represented a real estate trust in a suit against a gas transmission company to recover costs associated with assessing and remediating naptha contamination discovered on the trust’s property.
- Obtained a $600,000 judgment on behalf of a property owner in environmental litigation against a car dealership.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurance broker in a negligence claim alleging several million dollars in damages.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a real estate developer in a claim involving an alleged breach of an easement agreement.
- Represented a utility company in a suit to recover response costs from a chemical manufacturer that had caused significant environmental contamination at the sites of several former manufactured gas plants owned by the utility. The suit resulted in a multimillion-dollar recovery for the utility.
- Defended a publicly-traded health care company in a suit brought by a national health insurance company alleging breach of a long-term medical services agreement.
- Represented a correctional facility in class action litigation brought by inmates alleging excessive use of force by correctional officers.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a real estate trust in a suit alleging unfair and deceptive trade practices by a real estate developer seeking to purchase property from the real estate trust.
- JD, Boston College Law School, Articles Editor, Boston College International and Comparative Law Review, 1989
- BA, St. Bonaventure University, magna cum laude, 1985
- New Hampshire
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
Rate : $$$$