Pillsbury partner Michael T. Reese has advised clients worldwide on energy and infrastructure projects worth billions of dollars and is recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. Michael is known for closing blockbuster deals in the energy and infrastructure arenas, with a focus on capital-intensive power and renewable energy projects.
He guides clients through every project stage, from project development and joint venture formation through financing, operation and divestiture. In addition, Michael handles complex transactions for U.S. and international corporations, financial institutions, governments, sponsors/developers, utilities and investors. Michael leads Pillsbury’s Water Resources team and co-leads the Projects team.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented SoftBank Group Corp. in its CAD $99 million investment in Nemaska Lithium Inc.
- Representing sponsor/project company on the financing of the Tenaska Westmoreland Generating Station, a 925-megawatt, gas-fired electric generating plant in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.
- Representing PSEG in its acquisition and development of Keys Energy Center, a gas-fired electric generating plant in Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- Representing Marubeni in its acquisition of a minority interest in the Atlantic Wind Connection, a $5 billion, multistage offshore transmission line.
- Representing a foreign equity investor in its disposition of minority interests in multiple gas-fired electric generating plants across the United States.
- Representing the sponsor/project company on the construction financing and permanent financing of a 130 megawatt photovoltaic solar generating facility in Imperial County, California.
- Representing solar projects sharing generator tie-line assets and related real property in southern California.
- Representing the sponsor/project company in the development and financing of a fertilizer plant in Indiana.
- Representing the sponsor/project company in the financing of a satellite, including multiple export credit agency tranches.
- Representing the initial purchaser and letter of credit provider in the development of domestic natural gas-fired electric generating plant using new turbine technology.
- Representing a public utility holding company in its issuance of $966 million of common stock.
- Representing the borrower in $497 million construction financing of an electric generation power plant in Virginia; named the North American Single Asset Deal of the Year by Euromoney’s Project Finance magazine.
Associations : American Bar Association, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2001
- M.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 1995
- B.A., University of Dallas, 1991
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$