Michael D. Rosenbaum assists clients with a full range of employee benefit and executive/physician compensation matters, including providing advice on tax-qualified retirement plans, executive compensation plans, health and welfare plans and related compliance and operational issues.
He also advises clients on the classification of workers as independent contractors or employees and counsels clients on the employee benefit arrangements for executives and physicians of tax-exempt organizations.
Michael also works with retirement plan sponsors and their internal investment administrative committees to understand and implement “best practices” with respect to fiduciary/governance oversight.
A registered CPA in Illinois, Michael has addressed national conferences of such organizations as the American Society for Healthcare Human Resource Administration, Profit-Sharing Council of America, Enrolled Actuaries, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, American Bar Association, American Medical Association, Chicago Bar Association, Michigan and Illinois CPA Societies and the Employers Summit on Healthcare.
For many years, he was a monthly co-author of the Employee Benefit Plan Review Journal’s”Regulatory Update” column and has also written numerous articles, including articles published in the Journal of Accountancy, Employment Relations Today, Medical Practice Management Journal, CCH Tax Transactions book on the health care industry, Callaghan’s legal checklist and an Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education manual.
Experience : Michael represents clients in a full range of employee benefit and executive/physician compensation matters, including :
- Designing and implementing tax-qualified retirement plans.
- Working with retirement plan sponsors and their internal/administrative committees to understand and implement “best practices” with respect to fiduciary/governance oversight.
- Addressing health and welfare plan design, compliance and operational issues.
- Advising clients regarding the classification of workers as independent contractors or employees.
- Advising clients regarding the employee benefit arrangements for executives and physicians of tax-exempt organizations.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 1987, cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1984
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$