Michael V. Ruocco focuses his practice on complex civil litigation matters in both federal and state court involving claims for breach of contract, unfair business practices, negligence, and bad faith.
Michael has substantial experience in all aspects of civil litigation from case intake through final disposition on appeal, including three trials spanning several weeks each as both first and second chair trial counsel where Michael was responsible for opening statements, direct and cross-examination of witnesses, voir dire, and closing arguments.
In addition, Michael has considerable experience drafting and successfully arguing appellate briefs in both the California Court of Appeal and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Michael earned his J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law and was a judicial extern to the Honorable Socrates Peter Manoukian of the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara. Prior to attending law school, Michael attended the University of San Francisco where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in politics.
- Obtained directed verdict prior to closing argument as first chair trial counsel on behalf of a tenant in an unlawful detainer action in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles.
- Obtained 11-1 jury verdict as second chair trial counsel in negligence case against an agent in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles.
- Defended Beverly Hills plastic surgeon as second chair trial counsel in four week trial in the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles.
- Successfully drafted and argued respondent’s brief before the California Court of Appeal, Second District, Division Seven involving allegations of negligence against a California psychiatrist related to an alleged violation of California Welfare and Institutions Code § 5150(“5150 hold”) in published case Julian v.Mission Cmty. Hosp., 11 Cal.App.5th 360, 381 (2017).
- Successfully drafted, argued, and obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurer seeking declaratory relief and reimbursement of settlement proceeds from an aviation technology company in the United States District Court, Central District of California.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of San Francisco, B.A., cum laude, 2010
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
- Honorable Socrates Peter Manoukian, California Supreme Court
Rate : $$$