Michael F. Ryan is a labor and employment associate in Foley Gardere’s Houston office. His practice involves counseling employers on a wide-range of employment matters, including hiring and firing decisions, EEO and FLSA matters, enforcement of personnel policies, leave issues, accommodations, drug testing laws, classification of employees and other wage and hour matters, OSHA claims, safety regulations and governmental investigations.
Michael represents clients of all sizes, including multinational corporations, local businesses and executives. He has represented clients in various sectors, including oil and gas services and production, health care, security, safety, chemical, service and retail.
Prior to earning his law degree, Michael served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Hilda G. Tagle, U.S. District Court Judge for the Southern District of Texas-Brownsville Division.
He also worked in-house as a compliance and employment law clerk for an oilfield services company in Houston.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, (2015)
- Order of the Barristers
- Recipient, Lee Ware & Rusty McMains Memorial Scholarship
- Recipient, Achievement in Advocacy Scholarship
- President, Alternative Dispute Resolution Team
- Member, UHLC Moot Court Team
- Champion, John Black Moot Court (2013)
- Member, Dean’s Search Committee
- M.Ed., Texas A&M University, (2010)
- Curriculum and Instruction
- B.A., Texas A&M University, (2009), cum laude
- Texas (2015)
- Texas State Courts (2015)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$