Michael S. Denniston’s practice focuses on advising and litigating for clients concerning antitrust and competition law and intellectual property issues. His practice spans the breadth of the antitrust and intellectual property arena.
Mike’s antitrust practice encompasses not only litigation and advising clients, but also working closely with the firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group on merger analysis and preparing transactions for premerger review pursuant to the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act.
In addition to screening and negotiating agreements respecting trademarks and copyrights, Mike has an active trial practice in those areas. His litigation experience ranges from prosecuting and defending requests for temporary restraining orders to handling complex multiparty and multidistrict copyright litigation.
His transaction work includes providing counsel on early termination and potential antitrust matters that require detailed engagement and negotiations with the FTC and the Department of Justice.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1989, Order of the Coif; William Minor Lile Moot Court Board
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1986
Professional & Community Activities:
- Chair, Alabama State Bar Intellectual Property, Entertainment & Sports Section, 2015-2016
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section – Joint Conduct Committee, Intellectual Property Section – Trademark Litigation Committee
- International Trademark Association, The Trademark Reporter, Editorial Board, 2000-2003, 2006-2012
- The Altamont School, Board of Directors, 2012-2015 (Vice-President)
Rate : $$$