Michael Forshey is a seasoned and detail oriented trial lawyer who assists clients in resolving business and commercial disputes by applying creative solutions and, when necessary, judicial intervention.
During more than 30 years of practice he has handled a wide variety of business and commercial disputes focusing on financial transactions, intellectual property matters and the entertainment industry.
He has litigated numerous matters in the financial services industry, acting on behalf of companies who deploy capital into the market, including traditional lenders, specality lenders, private equity, venture capital and mezzanine funds.
Michael also has substantial experience representing celebrity and entertainment clients in protecting their IP rights, including addressing infringement in the marketplace and on the internet.
He also represents celebrity clients on spokesperson, endorsement, licensing agreements and film agreements. In addition to his regular practice, Michael has a long history of pro bono work.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Special Legal Advisor, KickStart Kids Charity
- Board Member, Texas C-Bar
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association – Business Litigation, Sports and Entertainment Law Sections
- University of Houston, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Barons, 1981
- University of South Florida, B.A., 1977
Rate : $$$