Michael V. Serra is an Associate in the Business Law Department. His practice is focused in the Firm’s private equity and venture capital groups. Mike serves on deal teams assisting with the operative acquisition and closing documents and navigating clients through the transactional process.
He enjoys the collaboration involved with transactional work and learning business perspectives of, and working alongside, the Firm’s savvy and entrepreneurial clients.
As a business law associate at Davis, Malm & D’Agostine, P.C. in Boston, Mike provided guidance to emerging growth and start-up companies on matters ranging from financings and corporate governance to service, licensing, and acquisition agreements.
Mike also worked in the business litigation setting representing clients involved in intra-corporate, commercial contract, and employment disputes at the trial and appellate court levels.
Prior to practicing law, Mike attended Northeastern University School of Law where he served as Articles Editor for the school’s law journal and as a teaching assistant in its legal research and writing program.
During his time at Northeastern, Mike interned for the Enforcement Division of the United States Securities & Exchange Commission, the Honorable Bruce M. Selya of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and the in-house legal department of a publicly traded company.
- Nautic Partners and its portfolio company Community Medical Group (CMG), a leading at-risk primary care provider serving over 70,000 Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and Health Insurance Marketplace program patients in Miami-Dade County, Florida, in the sale of CMG to Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC)
- IPG Photonics Corporation in its acquisition of Innovative Laser Technologies, LLC, a Minnesota-based designer and manufacturer of laser systems, for a purchase price of $40,000,000
- Oasis Outsourcing, a West Palm Beach, Florida-based portfolio company of Nautic Partners and Altaris Capital Partners and the largest professional employer organization (PEO) in the United States, in its sale to Stone Point Capital
- Precision Engineered Products, LLC, a Massachusetts-based portfolio company of Nautic Partners and The Jordan Companies, in its sale to NN, Inc. for $615,000,000. Precision Engineered Products and its subsidiaries design and manufacture a broad range of high precision components and assemblies for customers in the fields of energy management, medicine and transportation, among others
- RFE Investment Partners in the acquisitions and combination of Stagnito Business Information, Edgell Communications and Path to Purchase Institute, creating a comprehensive business intelligence service provider now known as EnsembleIQ
- Hastings Equity Partners in its sale of Southern Petroleum Laboratories, a Texas-based provider of hydrocarbon measurement, analysis and reporting services for oil and gas production, in its sale to Industrial Growth Partners
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law
- B.S., Finance, Bryant University
- Massachusetts, 2011
- Rhode Island, 2015
Admitted To Practice : U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2012
Rate : $$$$