Michael Shortnacy focuses his practice on defense of consumer class actions and regulatory enforcement actions relating to consumer protection statutes. He litigates before state and federal courts in matters involving claims of unfair competition, false and deceptive advertising and other violations of consumer protection laws.
Michael also counsels clients in all aspects of electronic discovery in litigation and civil investigations, including advising clients on compliance with state and federal discovery obligations, and arguing claims of spoliation and defensibility of process.
Additionally, Michael has substantial experience in white collar criminal defense matters. He has represented corporate clients, special committees and boards of directors in internal investigations, as well as defended entities and individuals in federal and state grand jury investigations and proceedings related to securities and other fraud allegations.
Michael advises clients across a variety of industries, including automobile and retail product manufacturers, software solutions providers and financial services companies.
- J.D., Washington College of Law
- B.A., University of Southern California
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member, American Bar Association, Consumer Protection Committee
- Member, The Sedona Conference Working Group 1
Rate : $$$$