Michael S. Simon represents real estate management companies, owners of office and retail buildings, financial institutions, co-op and condominium boards, and tenants in commercial and residential disputes.
He counsels management companies and owners of real property in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York, Delaware, and Texas, where he is involved in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases. Clients rely on Michael’s wide ranging experience in mortgage and lien foreclosures, and other commercial disputes.
His experience includes litigating the interpretation of escalation clauses, termination rights, use clauses, assignment and sublet provisions, default clauses, fair market rent provisions, buy-out disputes, and other significant lease interpretation issues.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1979
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1976
Bar Admissions : Florida; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Committee on Civil Courts, Past Member, 2003-2005
- The Florida Bar, Member
- New York City Law Department, Assistant Corporation Counsel, 1979-1982
Rate : $$$