Michael Delaney represents and advises corporate and individual debtors, creditors, committees, and fiduciaries in a variety of distressed financial situations, including Chapter 9 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings, receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and out-of-court workouts.
His most recent engagements have been in the entertainment, health care, real estate, and technology industries.
Michael also represents individual and corporate clients in federal and state litigation involving, among other things, disputes pertaining to the ownership, enforcement and infringement of intellectual property rights, the rights of parties under franchise agreements, and the rights of parties in joint ventures.
Michael also routinely represents debtors, creditors, committees, and fiduciaries in avoidance actions, including actions to avoid and recover pre-bankruptcy transfers.
Prior to entering private practice, Michael served as law clerk to the Honorable Ernest M. Robles of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
In addition to his practice, Michael holds several leadership positions with professional organizations. He is a member of the board of directors of the Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, a member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the California Bar Association, a member of the advisory board for the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Bankruptcy Battleground West conference, and an editor on the Editorial Board of the California Bankruptcy Journal.
He is also a former member of the Executive Committee for the Bankruptcy Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association. Michael frequently speaks on insolvency-related issues and contributes articles to several publications relating to insolvency, creditors’ rights, commercial law, and intellectual property law.
- The George Washington University Law School, Master of Laws in Intellectual Property (2009)
- Chapman University School of Law, J.D. (2008)
- University of Southern California, B.A. in Philosophy (2005)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- California Bar Association, Insolvency Law Committee; Member and former eBulletin Co-Editor-in-Chief, Publications Subcommittee
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, Member of the Board of Directors
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member of the Advisory Board for the Bankruptcy Battleground West Conference
- California Bankruptcy Journal, Member of the Editorial Board
Rate : $$$$