Michael J. Torosian acts as general outside counsel to companies across all phases of their life cycle, particularly in the technology, renewable energy and life sciences industries. Mike represents emerging companies and investors in financings at all stages, from seed funding through venture financings, growth equity and late-stage rounds, to reorganizations and recapitalizations.
Mike also represents issuers and investment banks in IPOs, follow-on and secondary offerings, and Rule 144A convertible debt offerings. He represents buyers and sellers in private and public merger and acquisition transactions, and also counsels public company clients on matters including corporate governance, reporting obligations, employment issues, compensation and benefits.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Mike has represented issuers, underwriters and investors in dozens of public equity offerings.
- Mike has represented startup companies and venture firms in hundreds of private placements of equity and debt in numerous cutting edge technology markets.
- Mike has represented companies and investment banks in dozens of acquisitions and sales of public and private companies through tender offers, mergers, asset acquisitions and spin-off transactions.
- Prior to legal career, worked with managers and boards of companies as a CPA at a Big Four firm.
- LL.M., Duke University School of Law, 2000
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2000
- M.P.A., Business and Professional Accounting, University of Texas, 1994
- B.B.A., Business Administration, University of Texas, 1994
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$