Michael S. Vitale practices commercial litigation with a focus on matters involving breaches of contract, construction litigation, product liability defense and business disputes. Recognized for being practical in his approach, Michael works efficiently and strategically while keeping his clients’ long-term goals in mind.
- Worked to obtain a full dismissal of a libel and malicious prosecution action against a local doctor.
- Defended a leading wholesale distribution company against several multimillion-dollar claims during all stages of litigation, eventually obtaining a defense verdict at trial.
- Obtained a six-figure judgment in favor of an air pollution supply company in a breach of contract dispute.
- Represented a local landowner in a land classification dispute that resulted in a favorable out-of-court resolution.
- Authored a brief on behalf of a Florida construction firm in a Small Business Administration (SBA) appeal regarding federal bid preferences, eventually obtaining an appellate reversal in favor of the client.
- Assisted a commercial real estate developer in obtaining a summary judgment in a class action lawsuit alleging breach of contract and various business torts in connection with a high-rise condominium project.
- Obtained the complete dismissal of a consumer collection practices act case filed against a local physician group.
- Federal Bar Association
- Vice President for the Eleventh Circuit (2014 to 2016)
- Orlando Chapter: President (2012 to 2013)
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orlando Federal Judicial Relations: Committee Member (2013 to 2016)
- Middle District of Florida Bench Bar Fund: Committee Member (2013 to 2014)
- Orange County Bar Association Executive Council: Federal Bar Liaison (2012 to 2013)
- Leadership Orlando Class 85 Graduate
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2005; Dean’s List; Symposium Editor, Vanderbilt Law Review
- B.A., American Studies, Political Science, Florida State University, 2002, summa cum laude, with honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Rate : $$$$