Michael Shiver has devoted his career to the litigation and resolution of serious personal injury, premises liability, negligent security, trucking, and wrongful death claims. Practicing extensively in both State and Federal courts, Michael has spent over a decade litigating for his clients in both Florida and New York.
A fourth generation Palm Beach County native, Michael is deeply devoted to his lifelong community and its diverse residents. He began his career in Florida with the largest and most prestigious insurance defense law firm, defending large exposure claims for a portfolio of the most established and well known insurance carriers.
After rising to partnership as an insurance defense lawyer, Michael joined Steinger, Iscoe & Greene, bringing a unique insight into the insurance industry’s claims handling practices and trial tactics.
“Most insurance companies look at people as numbers on a corporate balance sheet – nothing more,” says Michael. “I have seen first-hand how many insurance carriers rely on mercenary doctors and misleading arguments to trick juries into refusing to pay valid claims to members of our community.” With Steinger, Iscoe & Greene, Michael has devoted his entire practice to helping his clients avoid the unfair tactics of the insurance companies and their lawyers.
Michael was a proud two-time Honors graduate from the University of Florida, with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a Juris Doctor.
- University of Florida – Warrington College of Business Administration (B.A.)
- University of Florida – Levin College of Law (J.D.)
- 2003 – New York
- 2006 – Florida
- 2006 – U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional Associations And Memberships:
- Florida Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association – Board of Directors (2017)
- American Inns of Court – Craig T. Barnard Chapter (2009-2011)
- PBCBA Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Committee (2011-present)
- PBCBA Professionalism Committee (2012-present)
Rate : $$$