Michael Tankersley provides advisory and transactional services to public and private financial institutions, corporations, boards, management and investors. He assists clients with SEC reporting and compliance, corporate governance, business combinations, divestitures, regulatory issues and internal investigations of fraud and malfeasance.
Mike represents issuers and underwriters in connection with initial and secondary public offerings, mergers and acquisitions of banks and other public and private companies, and proxy contests, tender offers and going-private transactions.
In addition to practicing law with two prominent Texas firms for more than 20 years, Mike served as the first inspector general of the Export-Import Bank of the United States during the George W. Bush Administration and spent four years as general counsel of CSG Investments Inc., Beal Bank’s capital markets affiliate.
He is a member of the national teaching faculty of the National Association of Corporate Directors and has provided governance evaluation and training programs for more than 25 public company boards.
Mike received his J.D, with high honors, from the University of Texas, where he served as an editor of the Texas Law Review. He earned Master of Accounting and B.A. degrees from Rice University and was licensed as a C.P.A. in Texas in 1981. Mike is recognized in The Legal 500 in the Capital Markets: Equity Offerings category.
Bar Admissions : Texas
- The University of Texas (J.D., 1980)
- Rice University (M.Acc., 1978)
- Rice University (B.A., 1977)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Committee on State and Local Bar Relations, chair, 1998–2004; Committee on Governmental Corporations, chair, 2007–2008
- Texas Business Law Foundation, founding director, chair, 2000–2002; director, 1987–2007, 2010–present
- State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section, chair, 1997-1998
Rate : $$$