Michael J. Weber focuses his practice on fidelity and surety bond claims/litigation, complex litigation, commercial law, transactional matters, general business matters/litigation and construction law. His extensive experience with mediations, arbitrations and trials includes the six-week Enron-related trial in JPMorgan Chase Bank v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., et al., in the Southern District of New York.
The case involved $1 billion in losses claimed from eleven surety companies on bonds issued on behalf of Enron affiliated companies. He has also represented clients at trial in Florida and in multi-million dollar disputes and litigation in Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky and Indiana.
Known for handling matters nationwide, Michael has been or is currently involved in matters in Illinois, Michigan, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Missouri, New York, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia, New Jersey and Nebraska.
Michael’s many writings, on a wide variety of topics, have been published in numerous publications. His thought-leadership has addressed fidelity bonds, financial institution and commercial crime policies, contract surety, miscellaneous surety bonds, and the parties’ obligations regarding retention, retrieval and production of electronically stored information (ESI).
In addition, he has presented programs for the American Bar Association, Fidelity Law Association, Defense Research Institute, National Bond Claims Association, Chicago Surety Claims Association, Eastern Bond Claims Association, as well as for claims adjusters seeking CE certification.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (J.D., 1983)
- Indiana University (B.S., 1980)
Bar Admissions : Illinois, Michigan
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Northwestern University School of Professional Studies, Mediator’s Certificate
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, vice chair, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys
- Construction Lawyers Society of America
Rate : $$$