Michael W. Weigel is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice. As a member of the firm’s Fund Formation & Investment Management group, Michael’s practice focuses on representing private equity fund sponsors on a broad range of issues, including structuring, negotiating and forming private equity funds, co-investments, joint ventures and other investment opportunities with real estate-related investment strategies.
Michael is actively involved in all stages of fund formation and fund sponsor representation, including preparing offering and fund documents, negotiating with investors and providing advice on internal sponsor and investment manager issues.
In addition, Michael is a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions group, representing purchasers and sellers in connection with stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, joint ventures and reorganizations.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2013, Michael served as a judicial intern for the Chief Judge of the US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, the Honorable William M. Conley. He also worked as a legal intern for the Office of the General Counsel at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, JD, summa cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, BA, with distinction
- US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- Represented The Dow Chemical Company in its $860 million sale of AgroFresh Inc., a post-harvest specialty chemical business, to Boulevard Acquisition Corp.
- Represented a worldwide steel company, as special counsel, in its agreement with Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation to form a joint venture at the closing of their $1.55 billion acquisition of a state-of-the-art steel processing plant located in Calvert, Alabama, from ThyssenKrupp AG.
- Represented NorthStar Financial Services Group, a US-based asset manager, in its acquisition by private equity firm TA Associates Management, L.P.
- Represented Macquarie Group in the sale of US-based Macquarie Equipment Finance LLC, a provider of lease financing, asset management solutions and remarketing of technology, healthcare and capital equipment, to Huntington Bancshares Inc.
- Represented two worldwide steel and mining companies in the sale of their respective fifty percent (50%) interests in Gallatin Steel Company, a manufacturer of hot rolled steel coils, to Nucor Corporation for $770 million.
Rate : $$$