Michael Weinberger’s practice focuses on real estate law, with a particular focus on real estate finance including mortgage, mezzanine and construction loan originations, restructurings, syndications, and secondary market transactions. Michael joined the firm in 1992 and became a partner in 2000.
He frequently represents major institutional lenders and borrowers in complex transactions involving hotels, shopping centers, office buildings, multifamily properties, industrial properties, casinos, condominiums and other property types.
- The syndicate of lenders in the financing of Blackstone’s multi-billion dollar acquisition of Equity Office Properties, one of the largest real estate transactions in history.
- A hotel REIT, as borrower, in two simultaneous transactions financing 115 hotels.
- A consortium of lenders in the financing of Chicago landmark Willis Tower (commonly referred to as the Sears Tower).
- The lender in the financing of New York City landmark Rockefeller Center.
- The syndicate of lenders in the mortgage and mezzanine financing of Blackstone’s multi-billion dollar acquisition of Strategic Hotels & Resorts.
- A major real estate debt fund, as lender, in numerous mezzanine and construction financings, including construction financings for major retail and mixed-use developments and condominium conversions.
- A Mexican bank, as lender, in numerous bridge and construction loans, financing luxury multi-family, hotel and mixed-use projects.
- A private equity fund, both as borrower and lender, in financings involving high-end resorts and recreation facilities.
- The syndicate of lenders in the mortgage and mezzanine financing of GIC and Global Logistic Properties’ multi-billion dollar acquisition of IndCor Properties.
- A major investment bank, as lender, in the record setting mortgage and mezzanine financing of a multifamily, retail and mixed-use portfolio in San Francisco.
- Honorable Leonard I Garth, U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit (1991-1992)
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1991
- Yale University, B.A., 1988
- New York
Rate : $$$$