Michael J. Weiss is an associate in the Real Estate practice of Mayer Brown’s New York office. Mike’s practice includes the representation of owners, developers, equity investors, insurance companies, private equity funds and other domestic and foreign financial institutions in complex commercial acquisitions, sales, financings and co-investment transactions throughout the US over a variety of asset classes including gaming, hotels, resorts, office, multi-family and mixed-use projects.
He has significant experience with multiple types of financings including permanent, construction, mezzanine and the use of historic tax credits and has a particular focus on high volatility commercial real estate compliance.
In addition, Mike has represented clients of the firm with respect to commercial office and retail leases on both the landlord and tenant sides. Michael joined Mayer Brown in 2010.
- American University Washington College of Law, JD
- Cornell University, BA
Admissions : New York
- Represented a real estate investment management company in the acquisition of a 49% economic interest in four shopping malls in Colorado and New Jersey for $793 million.
- Represented a commercial bank, as administrative agent and lender, in the financing of a $125 million term loan for the acquisition of a 37-story trophy asset in New York’s Plaza District.
- Represented a real estate investment management company in connection with a $270 million joint venture acquisition of 12 self-storage facilities located in New York and New Jersey, which transaction included obtaining simultaneous acquisition financing in the amount of $106 million.
- Represented a commercial bank in providing $50 million in financing for the construction of a hotel and private members only club in Los Angeles, California.
- Represented a real estate private equity fund in the disposition of two office buildings located in Cambridge, MA for $210 million.
- Represented a New York professional soccer club in negotiating a stadium lease for its home matches and associated sponsorship agreements for the club.
Rate : $$$$