Michael H. Wesner’s longstanding litigation practice is just the latest example of his commitment to serve. A former Captain in the U.S. Marine Corps, his sense of dedication easily transferred to a law career, paving the way for nearly two decades in private practice, an archive of favorable outcomes and a scorecard of satisfied clients.
Large corporations, small churches, city governments, private individuals in urgent need of counsel – Michael’s clientele is diverse. However, they share an enthusiasm for his skills as a seasoned negotiator, and his reputation as a thoughtful attorney.
- Helmed a successful private practice for more than 17 years, resolving labor and contract disputes, homeowners’ association affairs, land use issues and more.
- Wrote and designed written protocols for dismissal of churches from a denomination. Conducted and managed dismissal of ten churches, including property rights and cash transfer, without litigation by any party.
- Served as general counsel for housing authority in California, facilitating creation, development, funding and three levels of governmental approval for permanent housing for disabled residents — all in less than 30 months.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing outside counsel and reducing litigation expenses.
- California Bar Association (2000 to present)
- Kiwanis International (1988 to 2012)
- Boys & Girls Club of Moorpark: Founding Member
- Moorpark College Foundation: Chairman (1992 to 2004)
- J.D., Western State College of Law at Argosy University
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Rate : $$$$