Michael C. Wilde practices real estate, land use, environmental, and corporate law with an emphasis on transactional real estate and development matters. His practice encompasses acquisitions, sales, office, industrial and retail leasing and land use, as well as “green” and sustainable development.
Additionally, Michael represents clients with regard to construction matters, including contract negotiations and disputes. He works with clients to develop client- or project-specific documents to accomplish client goals effectively.
With a thorough knowledge of the retail industry and an understanding of his clients’ business goals, Michael views himself as an extension of the client’s corporate team and provides practical advice to protect client interests while finding creative solutions to overcome obstacles.
Michael counsels national restaurant and hospitality clients on leasing, sale-leasebacks and franchise issues in addition to representing clients before various state, county and city boards on land use and development matters.
Michael’s practice also involves a variety of other general business and commercial transactions, including financing transactions, licensing agreements, entity formation and entity restructuring. Additionally, he advises clients with regard to green development issues, including compliance with contract requirements relative to LEED® certification.
- Represents a national, themed restaurant chain in all of its leasing and development matters throughout the U.S., managing zoning matters, liquor license transfers, construction and development matters, financial structuring and leasing issues. The representation runs from the initial phase of property acquisition to opening, and addresses ongoing property management and operational matters.
- Represents national office and retail property owners in the acquisition, development, leasing and operations of new and existing projects. Works with clients to increase the value of the asset and protect the interests of the owners.
- For a national, quick-service restaurant chain, works with the client to secure outparcels and inline space for establishing new restaurants. Manages processes related to due diligence, permits and zoning, lease negotiations, construction and development issues, and addresses ongoing property management matters.
- Representing a landowner in Central Florida to obtain entitlements for the development of 400 acres of vacant land for a mixed-use project consisting of 1,500 residential units, in addition to 225,000 square feet of commercial space for hotel, retail and office use.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties: Former Board of Directors, Central Florida Chapter
- Home Builders Association of Metro Orlando / National Association of Home Builders
- Maitland City Council: Member (Appointed to fill remaining 2018 to 2019 term)
- City of Maitland Planning and Zoning Commission: Chairman
- YMCA of Central Florida: Metropolitan Board of Directors
- Barry University School of Law: Adjunct Professor, Real Estate Development (2010)
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2003; cum laude; Member, University of Miami Business Law Review; Member, Moot Court Board; Vice President, Mock Trial Competition and First Year Moot Court Competition
- B.S., Vanderbilt University, 1999
Admissions : Florida
Rate : $$$$