Michael P. Wissaworks with a wide range of corporate clients and employers in all phases of labor and employment law, including representing management in matters pertaining to collective bargaining, employee discipline, harassment and discrimination, onboarding and separation of employment, wage and hour laws, and employment contracts.
He has successfully litigated numerous cases in federal and state courts, and regularly represents clients in proceedings before federal and state agencies. Michael frequently counsels clients to help them navigate the complex maze of federal and state employment, wage and hour, and anti-discrimination laws.
- Obtained several dismissals of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation lawsuits filed in federal and state court.
- Successfully represented employers in numerous unfair labor practice proceedings.
- Negotiated collective bargaining agreements with various unions.
- Counseled clients on compliance with federal and state laws, policies and procedures, employment contracts, and hiring and terminations.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, M.A., 2014
- University of California, B.S., Biology, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Just the Beginning – A Pipeline Organization
- National Immigrant Justice Center
- Chicago’s Traveler Assistance Project
Rate : $$$$