Michael P. Zanan focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, and venture capital transactions. He also advises public and private companies in a wide variety of industries on various corporate matters and drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts.
Michael earned undergraduate degrees in finance (with honors and high distinction) and pre-medicine (with distinction) from The Pennsylvania State University Schreyer Honors College, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
He received his J.D. from the Villanova University School of Law and his M.B.A. from Villanova University, where he was a member of Phi Kappa Phi. While in law school, Michael served as associate editor of student works for the Villanova Environmental Law Journal.
Michael serves as vice-chairman of the Executive Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association Business Law Section and has been honored by the Philadelphia Bar Association for his leadership and contributions as co-chairman of the Venture Capital and Private Equity Law Committee.
- Represented Evolve IP, LLC, a Pennsylvania-based cloud computing company, in its purchase of the assets of Advanced Integrated Technologies, Inc., a cloud communications provider based in Minneapolis.
- Represented Evolve IP, LLC, a Pennsylvania-based cloud computing company, in its purchase of 100 percent of the equity of The Voice Factory, Ltd., a UK-based cloud communications provider. The transaction drew on the experience of the firm’s corporate, tax, litigation, and intellectual property attorneys.
- Represented the Vetri Family of Restaurants in connection with its sale to Urban Outfitters Inc. (URBN). Following the sale, Vetri will lead a food and beverage division for the global lifestyle retailer, positioning the Vetri Family brands for national growth as part of the Urban Outfitters family.
- Represented EvolveIP, LLC in connection with the acquisition of the cloud service business of Webcore Technologies, Inc. and Tenant Solutions Communications, Inc. based in Austin, Texas.
- Represented a “big box” Fortune 500 retailer in connection with the negotiation of IT outsourcing services with IT service provider anticipated to be approximately $100 million over four years.
- Represented Evolve IP, LLC, a Pennsylvania-based cloud computing company, in connection with its purchase of Xtium, Inc., which provides disaster recovery, Desktop as a Service (DaaS), managed cloud hosting, and managed online backup services.
- Represented Prizelogic LLC, which develops and executes digital promotions for large consumer brands and retailers, in connection with the company’s recapitalization by Pamlico Capital.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Villanova University, M.B.A., 2007
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 2004
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
- Vice-Chairman, Executive Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association Business Law Section
- Co-Chairman, Philadelphia Bar Association Venture Capital & Private Equity Law Committee (2015-2018)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$