Michael A. Zito’s practice focuses on creditor’s rights litigation, and he manages the firm’s commercial recoveries litigation practice group. This group provides clients with a centralized management system for financial recovery actions. Mike is well-versed in the following areas:
- advocacy, investigations and litigation involving the Federal Trade Commission and State Attorney General Offices;
- complex commercial litigation;
- asset investigation and judgment enforcement;
- strategic litigation management and alternative fee arrangements;
- counterclaim defense;
- LPO and BPO engagements; and
- representing creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
Formerly a trial attorney at the Federal Trade Commission, Mike prosecuted violations of the Federal Trade Commission Act, such as unfair methods of competition, monopolization and attempted monopolization matters.
He has significant experience in cases involving claims of anticompetitive behavior in the enforcement of intellectual property rights. Mike worked in the only group at the Federal Trade Commission with responsibility for civil non-merger enforcement and is well versed in the federal agency considerations applied to governmental investigations and enforcement actions.
Prior to the Federal Trade Commission, Mike was an Assistant Attorney General at the Missouri Attorney General’s Office where he developed extensive litigation, trial and appellate experience as lead counsel in over 30 trials, hearings and appellate arguments, several involving highly-publicized litigation.
Mike served as counsel to Missouri elected officials and state agencies, including the Secretary of State, the Supervisor of Liquor Control and the Real Estate Commission. Mike also managed a consumer fraud unit and reported directly to the Attorney General on consumer protection policy, investigations and enforcement.
- The Judge Advocate General’s School, University of Virginia – Charlottesville, 1999
- J.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City, 1996
- B.A., Truman State University, 1992
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$