Michele Detherage is a skilled litigator with substantial experience in insurance defense and trial advocacy. Her professional history includes representation of insurers and their insureds from the inception of the litigation process through its resolution.
During her tenure as in-house corporate counsel for a Fortune 500 insurance company, Michele managed an active caseload with a focus on combating medical/insurance fraud and obtained more than 50 favorable verdicts on behalf of her client.
In addition to trial advocacy, Michele’s employment history has involved the taking of depositions, representation of her clients at motion hearings and arbitrations, and extensive settlement negotiation.
Prior to transitioning into her role as a litigator, Michele worked for a real estate law firm where she focused on the field of residential property acquisition. As an undergraduate at Northeastern University, she studied political science and interned in the office of a Massachusetts state representative. In addition to her professional pursuits, Michele is passionate about issues related to animal welfare.
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D. (2009)
- Northeastern University, B.A. (2006)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Insurance and Reinsurance Bar Association, Clerk
Rate : $$$