Michelle Bracke is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Law, Bad Faith Litigation, Directors & Officers Coverage & Litigation, and Insurance Coverage Practices. Ms. Bracke has over 20 years of experience litigating coverage matters at both the trial and appellate levels, in a multitude of federal and state jurisdictions.
Ms. Bracke has litigated matters involving all types of policies and coverages including professional liability, errors and omissions, general liability, construction defect, intellectual property, first party coverages, rescission, and policyholder fraud.
For multiple years, Ms. Bracke has been elected by her peers as an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the area of Insurance Coverage and Reinsurance Law, a distinction earned by fewer than 5% of all lawyers licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Prior to practicing law, Ms. Bracke was employed for a number of years in the insurance industry, as both an insurance company claim representative and broker, in the United States and at Lloyds of London, London, England.
In addition to her coverage practice, Ms. Bracke has also litigated matters involving fine art, products liability, class action, and policyholder bad faith.
- Loyola University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1994
- University of Detroit London Law Programme, 1992-1993
- Northwestern University, Bachelor of General Studies, 1991
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Rate : $$$