Michelle M. Fujimoto practices in products liability litigation, with a focus on pharmaceutical and medical device defense. She has more than 25 years of experience in complex products liability, toxic tort, and various science-driven litigations, and in the defense of mass tort litigation.
Michelle also provides risk management assessment and best practices counseling to clients ranging from start-up companies to Fortune 500 companies.
Michelle has handled cases and litigations for manufacturers of a wide range of pharmaceuticals, including therapeutics, hormone therapies, contraceptives, dietary drugs, immunosuppressants, smoking cessation and obesity therapies, allergy medications, anti-depressants and anti-inflammatories.
Her medical device experience includes heart valves, cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary products, neurovascular coils, endovascular products, orthopedic products, CT scan injectors, surgical instruments and solutions, tracheotomy tubes, intraocular lenses, devices and solutions, respiratory protective devices and industrial chemicals.
Michelle’s trial experience includes the defense of medical device and drug design, drug discovery, chemical exposure, breach of contract involving the divestiture of product lines, research agreements, distributor agreements and environmental remediation agreements.
Michelle has lectured for the International Association of Defense Counsel and Defense Research Institute, as well as the California Continuing Education of the Bar, the American Bar Association and Mealey’s Conferences.
- J.D., University of Southern California Center for Law, 1986
- B.A., magna cum laude, Pepperdine University, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- American Bar Association
- California Women Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute, Drug and Medical Device Section, Steering Committee; Programming Committee, Women in Law Seminar (2010)
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Drug, Device and Biotech Committee, Chair; Diversity Committee; Publications, Former Vice-Chair; Programming, Former Vice-Chair
- Orange County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$