Michelle Gasaway represents corporate and REIT clients, investment banks, private equity funds and other investors in a broad range of traditional and complex corporate finance and capital markets transactions.
These transactions include initial public offerings, public and private offerings of high-yield debt, investment grade debt, convertible debt and equity securities, private equity investments, tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations, spin-offs, rights offerings and other customized transactions.
Ms. Gasaway also regularly advises clients on out-of-court restructurings and distressed financings, acquisition financings and the financing aspects of other investment transactions.
In addition, she counsels clients on an ongoing basis, assisting with respect to analysis of transaction alternatives and structures, disclosure issues, corporate governance, securities law compliance and other corporate matters. Ms. Gasaway has been named to The Legal 500 U.S. and IFLR1000.
A few of the more notable transactions in which Ms. Gasaway has been involved include:
- Excelitas Technologies Holding Corp., a portfolio company of Veritas Capital, in connection with a dual-track process that included a proposed initial public offering of common stock and culminated in an acquisition by funds sponsored by AEA Investors;
- CareTrust REIT, Inc. in its $260 million offering of senior notes in connection with its spin-off from The Ensign Group, Inc.;
- Select Income REIT in its $1.45 billion registered offering of senior notes to fund, in part, its acquisition of Cole Corporate Income Trust, Inc.;
- various funds in issuances of mezzanine-style perpetual preferred stock, including to fund acquisitions and recapitalizations;
- the underwriters in multiple registered offerings of equity (common and preferred) and senior notes by Crown Castle International Corporation;
- Nine Point Energy (formerly Triangle USA Petroleum Corporation) in its rights offering and the other corporate finance aspects of its restructuring;
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1997 (cum laude)
- M.B.A., University of Georgia, 1994 (summa cum laude)
- B.S., University of Georgia, 1993 (summa cum laude)
- New York
Rate : $$$