Michelle E. Gaston concentrates her practice in the areas of general litigation, insurance coverage, and extra-contractual matters. Ms. Gaston’s practice also involves reviewing insurance policies, researching insurance coverage issues, drafting coverage opinions, representing clients in coverage disputes, and representing clients in bad faith or other extra-contractual matters, including administrative proceedings before the West Virginia Insurance Commission.
Ms. Gaston also represents clients in fraud and arson cases involving insurance matter. Specifically, she has handled examinations under oath, claim evaluations, and settlement negotiations.
- Assisted clients with the investigation of claims, including arson and theft claims, scheduling and conducting Examinations Under Oath and sworn statements
- Defended clients at the Offices of the Insurance Commissioner against consumer complaints alleging unfair claims settlement practices
- Researched and drafted insurance coverage opinions
- Represented clients in initiating and defending declaratory judgment actions to determine the existence or nonexistence of insurance coverage
- Defended clients in litigation alleging “bad faith” and Unfair Trade Practices
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.A. West Virginia Tech
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Defense Research Institute
- WVIAAI (Member of the Year, 2013)
- Claims Management, Inc.
Rate : $$$