Michelle Hartmann is a member of the North American Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group and the Employment and Compensation Practice Group. She graduated first in her class at Southern Methodist University and Dedman School of Law.
Michelle’s practice covers all aspects of commercial litigation and disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country, with a particular emphasis on class action litigation of all types and internal investigations, including workplace investigations.
She is an experienced litigator who defends companies, officers, and directors in high-stakes securities class actions, shareholder derivative litigation, data-breach class actions, airline-related class actions, coupon and gift card class actions, and employment class actions.
Michelle also handles whistle-blower matters of all types, including employment and workplace violations, compliance issues, and corporate governance and securities regulation.
- SMU Dedman School of Law (JD summa cum laude) (2001)
- University of North Carolina (BA with honors) (1994)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas~United States (2005)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (2009)
- New York~United States (2010)
- Texas~United States (2001)
- Lifetime Corps Member of Teach for America (an organization in which she formerly taught high school biology as a Teach for America Corps teacher).
- Past board member of Vogel Alcove, the Dance Guild at Booker T. Washington School of the Arts, and the Dallas Metropolitan Ballet Guild.
- Previously served as a child advocate for foster children through the Dallas Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA).
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Judge Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court – Associate
- Judge Mac Taylor American Inn of Court – Barrister
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program – Member
- Dallas Women Lawyer’s Association – Former President and Board Member
- Judge Carolyn Dineen King, then-Chief Judge of the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2002-2003)
- Judge Barbara M.G. Lynn, current Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2001-2002)
Rate : $$$