Michelle A. Herrera represents clients in complex intellectual property disputes across various industries, including wireless communications, software design and development, new drug applications and popular arts.
As a former law clerk to a Federal Judge, Michelle has an intricate understanding of Federal law and procedure, and she fights tenaciously to protect her clients’ intellectual property rights.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented Cuker Interactive LLC in a “David and Goliath” trade secret dispute involving website development for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. An Arkansas jury found that Wal-Mart misappropriated trade secrets, awarding more than $12 million in damages.
- Represented HM Electronics, Inc. in a hotly contested trademark infringement lawsuit. Obtained a severe sanctions order against the defendant for rampant discovery abuse. Case settled on eve of trial on exceptional favorable terms.
- Defended ZTE in several patent infringement lawsuits seeking millions of dollars in damages. Through tenacity and aggressive defense tactics, obtained walk away dismissals of all lawsuits.
- Defended Joyetech USA, Inc. in patent infringement lawsuit. Worked tirelessly to defeat an early motion for preliminary injunction, which led to a settlement on exceptionally favorable terms.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, San Diego
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$