Michelle Jacobson is a Partner in the Chicago office. Based on her extensive experience in corporate immigration, she is responsible for managing client accounts for several startup, multinational and Fortune 500 companies.
Michelle counsels U.S. and global companies on employment strategies, including strategic planning for global assignments and development of best practices to establish efficiencies across multiple jurisdictions.
She works closely with corporate clients to develop compliance programs for defending workplace sanctions and to establish internal processes that ensure timely and compliant on-boarding of international personnel.
Michelle assists with asylum, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) cases through the National Immigrant Justice Center.
Michelle speaks English, French and Spanish.
- Conducted I-9 audits and advised clients with regard to hiring and discrimination issues
- Managed nonimmigrant and immigrant employment based visas applications, including PERM labor certifications and outstanding researcher and extraordinary ability petitions
- Counseled employers on corporate mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other forms of corporate reorganization
- Boston University | J.D., 2001
- Northwestern University | B.A., 1998, honors
Bar admissions: Illinois
- Chair, Immigration & Naturalization Committee of the Section of International Law, American Bar Association
- Chair, Illinois Secretary of State Committee, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Chicago Chapter
- Committee, Social Security Administration Liaison Committee, AILA Chicago Chapter
Rate : $$$