Michelle L. Evans focuses her practice on estate planning and trust and estate administration in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. Ms. Evans assists clients with creating estate plans to meet their financial and personal objectives.
Such planning often includes the preparation of Wills, Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, Durable General Powers of Attorney, and Advance Medical Directives. Ms. Evans dedicates a substantial amount of her time to estate and trust administration matters.
Her administration practice includes directing fiduciaries through the probate process in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, and assisting with the preparation of inventories and accounts.
Ms. Evans prepares federal, D.C., and Maryland estate tax returns for taxable estates as well as federal estate tax returns to elect portability of the federal estate tax exclusion amount.
- J.D., Washington & Lee University School of Law, 2009 (Order of the Coif; Washington and Lee Law Review, Senior Articles Editor)
- B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2006
- Maryland, 2016
- District of Columbia, 2011
- Virginia, 2009
- American Bar Association – Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section; Taxation Law Section
- Virginia Bar Association – Wills, Trusts & Estates and Taxation Sections
- District of Columbia Bar – Estates, Trusts & Probate Law Section
- Washington Metro Estate Planning Group
- Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council
Rate : $$$$