Michelle L. Humes is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. Michelle focuses her practice on real estate development, where she represents lenders, developers and owners in negotiating and drafting documents and approvals for the purchase, sale, leasing, financing and development of real estate.
She has represented owners with negotiating and drafting construction contracts. Michelle is also experienced in handling construction and commercial litigation cases involving construction defect claims, construction lien issues, and contract disputes.
She has negotiated and litigated various disputes involving single and multi-family community associations. While in law school, Michelle interned with the Honorable Jose R. Rodriguez in the Circuit Court of the Ninth Judicial Circuit in and for Orange County, Florida.
- Barry University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Stetson University, B.B.A., International Business, 2004
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Orange County Bar Association
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, The Florida Bar
Rate : $$$$