Michelle Marie Mclean serves on the Board of Karin’s Horse Connection, a nonprofit organization located in Caledonia, MI, and on the board of Daddy Daughter Time, another nonprofit organization.
She is an active parishioner at Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church. When she’s not at work, Michelle enjoys spending time with her family, playing with her two dogs, playing with horses at Karin’s Horse Connection, running/exercising, practicing hot yoga, traveling, gardening, and just trying new things in general.
PRACTICE DESCRIPTION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Family Law : In the area of family law, Michelle represents clients regarding divorce, contested custody, parenting time disputes, child support review, spousal support, fair and equitable division of the marital estate, grandparent visitation, adoption, paternity, and conservatorships/guardianships. She also represents parents in abuse and neglect proceedings including removal, termination and foster placement. She worked previously as a private custody evaluator for the Kent County Friend of the Court.
- Real Estate : Prior to practicing law, Michelle worked for a national mortgage lender and has over fifteen years experience in this capacity. She worked as an underwriter, collector, manager, and finally as an account executive. By combining her vast experience in the mortgage lending and real estate industries with the practice of law, Michelle offers her clients a unique perspective as their advocate.
- Consumer Law : Michelle has extensive knowledge in mortgage lending law and handles matters involving foreclosure rescue scams, mortgage lending abuses, mortgage fraud, mortgage modifications, and understands relevant mortgage banking laws. In addition, Michelle has handled many other consumer law issues from deceptive and fraudulent trade practices, lemon laws, breach of warranty issues, consumer debt collection violations, fair credit reporting issues, and student loan law issues. Michelle also handles landlord tenant cases involving breach of lease, default, eviction, etc.
- Criminal Law : Michelle handles a wide variety of criminal matters including domestic violence, drunk driving, larceny, retail fraud, embezzlement, and criminal sexual conduct. She has successfully defended clients in both federal court and state courts.
- Juris Doctor from Michigan State University, Cum Laude – 2007
- Bachelor of Science from Cornerstone University – 2002
Rate : $$$