Michelle R. Yarbrough Korb focuses her practice in the affordable housing industry. She represents developers, public housing agencies and their related entities on development, utilization of low-income housing tax credits (LIHTCs) and federal programs, including those offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Michelle regularly advises developers from concept to closing on multimillion-dollar development projects, including the formation and use of new entities, working with state and federal governmental agencies, addressing compliance issues and leveraging private and public financing and partnerships.
Michelle is a frequent speaker at national and state conferences related to affordable housing. She has published articles in The Legal Intelligencer, Units – the magazine of the National Apartment Association, and the Pennsylvania Association of Housing & Redevelopment Agencies Monitor.
Michelle understands the urgency of client issues and is highly responsive, providing necessary guidance. She is engaged in the work of her clients and their transactions while being practical and efficient. Michelle staffs assignments with the best person for the job and avoids duplication of efforts or unnecessary review. She is resourceful and finds ways to keep transaction costs down while her practical approach carries over to deal negotiation.
Michelle has been commended for her ability to distill highly complex concepts and issues to be readily understood. She tailors her approach to her audience from the most sophisticated developer to the nonprofit undertaking affordable housing development for the first time. Clients know that she is always looking out for their best interest, trying to help them meet their goals, inform them of new possibilities and help them be prepared to react to market changes.
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., 1998, cum laude
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2002, magna cum laude
- Middle Atlantic Regional Council of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (MARC NAHRO), Housing Committee (October 2017 to present)
- NAHRO/NeighborWorks Community Revitalization and Development Professional (CCRDP) Examination Board (October 2016 to present)
- National Association of Housing & Development Officials; National Housing Committee Member 2017-2019, 2015 – 2017 & 2013-2015 Terms
- Women in Housing and Finance of Pennsylvania, Member, Steering Committee (January 2017 to present)
- Pennsylvania Association of Housing & Redevelopment Agencies
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Real Property Section
Rate : $$$$