Michelle L. Sousley’s practice is primarily focused on two areas: Engle-progeny trials and automotive class actions. She works with Engle trial teams to research legal and company issues as well as scientific and regulatory issues related to the litigation. She also analyzes claims made by opposing expert witnesses to develop trial strategies and expert witness cross-examination outlines.
As a member of the Exhibit Coordination Team, Michelle is responsible for drafting objections to plaintiff exhibits in addition to selecting and preparing defense exhibits for trial.
Seasoned in trial preparation and support, Michelle brings a combination of real-world experience and skills in legal research and discovery to her case teams.
With a background in mechanical engineering and automotive manufacturing, Michelle also works with teams engaged in automotive industry litigation.
Her education and professional experience in assembly line automation gives her a unique ability to understand complex systems, design and manufacturing processes, material selection, design specifications and quality control, providing crucial insight to case teams.
She works to develop and prepare Shook’s automotive defense experts. Michelle also assists with discovery and document production for Shook’s automotive clients.
Before becoming a staff attorney, Michelle was an analyst in Shook’s General Product Liability Group.
- J.D., Ave Maria School of Law, 2006
- Women’s Law Association
- National Lawyers Association
- International Intellectual Property Summer Program, University of Victoria – British Columbia, 2004
- B.M.E., University of Detroit Mercy, 2003 (Mechanical Engineering)
- Theta Tau Professional Engineering Fraternity
- Society of Women Engineers
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Civil Mediation Certificate, University of Missouri – Columbia Center for the Study of Dispute Resolution, 2009
Rate : $$$