Michelle O. Stewart is an associate in Covington’s Palo Alto office and is a member of the Corporate Group focusing on Emerging Companies and Venture Capital. She has experience in representing start-up companies in their initial organizations and financings, representing companies in mergers and acquisitions, and various corporate transactions relating to private securities offerings, venture capital finance, corporate formation and governance, and other general corporate representation.
- Duke University, B.A., 2007
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2010
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Represented growth-stage company providing full 3D interactive solutions for virtual reality and augmented reality devices with its $20,000,000 Series A preferred shares financing.
- Represented growth-stage company specializing in drinkware and dishware technology in its $15,000,000 Series C preferred shares financing.
- Represented Indian technology company in the acquisition of Michigan-based company serving as an outsourcing partner for engineering design services for automotive, aerospace and other industries.
- Represented growth-stage software technology company in its $12,000,000 Series A preferred shares financing.
- Represented early stage fog computing company in connection with its $5,000,000 Series A preferred shares financing by Europe-based strategic investors.
Pro Bono :
- Represented various non-profit organizations in applying for and obtaining tax exemption status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and internal governance matters.
- Successfully obtained asylum on behalf of two South American women on the basis of domestic violence.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Northern California, President 2017
- National Bar Association
Rate : $$$