Michelle N. Tanney practices complex commercial litigation, with experience in securities actions. She has a vested interest in the outcome of litigation and the resulting success of her clients. Michelle is a zealous advocate, possessing a depth of knowledge regarding the issues her clients face.
- Currently involved in representing Irving H. Picard, Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, in connection with BakerHostetler’s role as court-appointed counsel.
- Helped obtain favorable settlement of no bar or suspension for a former executive in a high-profile SEC insider trading case. The case was featured in the Wall Street Journal and New York Post.
- Acting as co-counsel in a FINRA arbitration that saw an award of $2.4 million for a client in an action against an online brokerage firm, the largest award levied against said firm in company history.
- Acting as co-counsel in a federal hearing on damages against a former broker for violations of Section 10(b) of the SEC Exchange Act and Rule 10b-5 for alleged falsified financial disclosures.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- J.D., Albany Law School, 2012, National Order of the Barristers, Moot Court Executive Board
- M.P.S., The George Washington University, 2009
- B.A., The George Washington University, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
Rate : $$$