Michelle Tyde focuses her practice on intellectual property/technology transactions, global sourcing transactions, and data privacy and security. Ms. Tyde has structured and negotiated a diverse range of complex business transactions, including business process outsourcing, joint development, technology licenses, cloud computing, data analytics, and managed services. She also counsels clients on privacy and cybersecurity compliance strategies, and assists in the development and implementation of comprehensive privacy programs.
Ms. Tyde’s clients span a wide range of industries, including telecommunications, financial services, technology, health care, digital media, retail services, and hospitality. She has worked with diverse clients, including startups, leading research universities, and Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Tyde was a partner in the Atlanta, Georgia office of a national law firm, where she advised clients on technology and intellectual property matters. She also represented AT&T, as IP counsel, in negotiating technology license agreements. Earlier, Ms. Tyde served as in-house counsel at Qwest Communications in Denver, Colorado.
Ms. Tyde is an adjunct professor at Emory University School of Law, where she teaches contract drafting for the Center for Transactional Law and Practice. She is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Ms. Tyde was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2018 and 2019 for Privacy and Data Security Law. She has an AV Preeminent® Rating in the Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory.*
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
- Represented international telecommunications company in structuring a multi-agreement transaction for the joint development, license, and monetization of an automated network services and infrastructure platform.
- Represented both customer and vendors in negotiating cloud-based technology transactions.
- Drafted and negotiated technology license agreement for smart grid devices with worldwide energy company.
- Assisted in the launch of technology operations for a spin-off business in the travel industry by negotiating numerous transactions, including an outsourcing agreement for unified communications.
- Represented leading global provider of cloud messaging and business integration services in negotiating Software-as-a Service (SaaS) agreements with financial institutions.
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, J.D. (1996) magna cum laude
- Mercer University, B.A., Communications and Political Science (1993) summa cum laude
- Georgia (1996)
Rate : $$$