Michelle R. Usitalo focuses her practice on commercial litigation and has experience in complex business matters, bankruptcy litigation, and cases involving international corporations. Michelle energetically approaches her work with clients and fully involves herself in the matters with which they are faced.
- In conjunction with BakerHostetler’s court appointment as counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA) Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, has assisted on many aspects of the case, including the representation of the SIPA Trustee in adversary proceedings and appeals.
- Represented a major publishing company in a breach of contract and fiduciary duty case related to royalty payments. The case was won in district court and succeeded on appeal.
- Represents an individual client in an American Arbitration Association matter against an employer for alleged breach of contract.
Memberships : New York State Bar Association
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2008; Executive Articles Editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial and Commercial Law
- B.A., Emory University, 2003
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, Massachusetts.
Rate : $$$