Miguel de Leon Perez practices in the area of corporate law, with experience in agreements between private companies and public agencies and cross-border private equity and corporate financing transactions, in particular with cross-border transactions between companies in the U.S. and Mexico and other Latin American countries.
He is also a member of the firm’s Cuba Business Group. He also works in a wide variety of corporate transactions, including public offerings, mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, reorganizations and bank credit facilities.
Mr. de Leon graduated from Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, cum laude, in 2009. He holds an LL.M. in Corporate and Financial Services Law from the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law and an LL.M. in Global Business Law from New York University School of Law.
Mr. de Leon also holds a Certificate in Corporate Law from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas in Madrid, Spain. Admitted to practice in New York and Mexico, Mr. de Leon is fluent in Spanish and English and can speak some German.
- Represented The Lovesac Company (NASDAQ: LOVE), a technology-driven modular furniture designer and manufacturer, in its $64.4 million initial public offering.
- Advised The Lovesac Company, an American furniture retailer, in its reorganization and a $10 million bridge offering with different classes of stockholders.
- Represented CDN Oilfield Technologies & Solutions, in its entry into the Mexican market as well as in a $10 million secured first degree financing by Callidus Capital Corporation and a $5 million second degree financing by Computershare Trust Company of Canada.
- Represented CIBTvisas, Inc. in its acquisition of the Mexican immigration firm Enrique Arrellano Rincón Abogados, S. de R.L. de C.V. as part of its strategy to expand into Latin America.
- Advised Avkem International in its acquisition of Comercializadora de Productos de Sodio, S.A. de C.V. by a Mexican subsidiary.
- Collaborated with the placement of debt on the NYSE through four separate private offers by CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V. to exchange outstanding perpetual debentures for new senior secured notes denominated in Dollars.
- Drafted share purchase agreements and formalized liens on shares through the corporate records of Mexican companies, on behalf of J.P. Morgan Chase.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Global Business Law, 2012
- National University of Singapore, Faculty of Law, LL.M., Corporate and Financial Services Law, 2012
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, Certificate in Corporate Law, 2009
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Licenciado en Derecho (Law Degree), cum laude, 2009
Professional Activities : New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$