Mike Sanderson represents institutional lenders, borrowers and commercial property owners in acquisitions and sales of commercial properties, structured financings, sale/leasebacks, construction loans, ground leases, permanent loans, foreclosures, loan workouts, loan sales, property management agreements and enforcement of remedies.
Mike also has extensive experience in connection with tax exempt bond financed projects, military housing bond transactions and the drafting and enforcement of restrictive covenants, bylaws and other formation and governing documentation for homeowner’s associations.
Representative Experience :
- Mr. Sanderson has extensive experience as lead and/or real estate counsel with respect to real estate and structured financing transactions. A few examples include:
- Lead real estate counsel in purchase by a REIT of The Woodlands, Texas for $563 million, which included raw land, office buildings, shopping mall, industrial buildings and strip shopping centers/malls.
- Representation of credit enhancers, developers, and equity partners nationwide in more than 25 tax-exempt bond issues, financing low/moderate income multifamily housing.
- Representation of life insurance company as lender and as collateral agent in connection with corporate restructure for one of its leading customers involving commercial properties located in five states, securing a loan relationship in excess of $156 million.
- Representation of life insurance company in connection with $68 million loan and sale/leaseback of grocery stores (23 stores in six states).
- Representation of institutional landlord in leasing 358,000 square feet of office space in Dallas, Texas to a national company to serve as its headquarters.
Professional History :
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP (2011-2016)
- Partner, Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell LLP (2007-2011)
- Partner, Locke Liddell & Sapp (1997-2007)
- Partner, Locke Purnell Rain Harrell (1987 – 1999)
- Associate, Locke, Purnell, Boren, Laney & Neely (1977 – 1987)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 1977
- B.A., magna cum laude, Southern Methodist University, 1974
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$