Mikel R. Bistrow has a vast practice that includes commercial finance and lending, real and personal property secured transactions, Uniform Commercial Code, creditor’s collection and related remedies, bankruptcy, insolvency, work-outs and restructurings.
Her finance clients include lenders and borrowers in documenting, negotiating and restructuring real and personal property loans and secured transactions. Often these include revolving lines of credit, asset-based loans, securitized credits and construction financing.
Mikel also represents creditors, debtors and court-appointed trustees in business reorganizations, workouts, debt restructurings, insolvency and bankruptcy matters, including in chapter 7, 11 and 13 cases.
She is a seasoned lecturer and published author. Mikel is a member of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section and its Uniform Commercial Code and Business Bankruptcy committees.
She is a former co-chairperson of the Commercial Transactions Committee and former member of the Executive Committee and treasurer of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California. She is a founding member of the San Diego Bankruptcy Forum and a former member of its Board of Directors.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1981)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1979)
Bar Admissions : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- American Board of Certification, board member
- Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference – United States District Court for the Southern District of California lawyer representative (2013 – 2017)
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Business Bankruptcy Committee, Uniform Commercial Code Committee
- State Bar of California/ CLA (as of 1/1/18)
Rate : $$$