Mildred Segura is a member of the Life Sciences Health Industry Group, practicing in the area of product liability with particular emphasis on medical device, pharmaceutical and toxic tort litigation in state and federal courts, including class actions and multidistrict litigations.
She also co-leads the firm’s Internet of Things Task Force and is a key member of the firm’s Artificial Intelligence Task Force, helping companies diagnose the risks and benefits of medical devices and applications connected to healthcare IT systems and other disruptive technologies.
As National Counsel in numerous high-profile actions, Mildred has facilitated discovery efforts, formulated litigation strategy, retained and prepared expert witnesses, prepared and argued dispositive and pretrial motions, mediated cases and served on trial teams.
Mildred also has handled a variety of matters in other industries involving automobiles, food and beverage and welding products. She also has been involved in defending actions brought under the False Claims Act.
She also is a Diversity leader at Reed Smith serving as firmwide chair of the Hispanic/Latino Affinity Group and a community and pro bono legal activist currently serving as Board Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Counsel for Justice.
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2000, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, 1997, B.A., Political Science
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
Professional Affiliations :
- Board Member, UCLA Law School Alumni Board of Directors
- Defense Research Institute
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Board Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Counsel for Justice
- Latina Lawyer Bar Association
- Representation of medical device manufacturer in nationwide litigation involving prescription implantable medical device
- National counsel team member for pharmaceutical company in multi-district litigation involving prescription testosterone replacement therapy medication
- National counsel team member for medical device manufacturer in state cases and federal multidistrict litigation involving hernia mesh patches, transvaginal mesh, and stress urinary incontinence slings
- National trial team member for pharmaceutical manufacturer in nationwide litigation involving prescription Parkinson’s Disease medication
Rate : $$$