Miles Plaskett focuses his practice on corporate, municipal and project finance, with an emphasis on renewable energy, infrastructure and development projects in the U.S., the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Caribbean and Latin America. Mr. Plaskett represents corporate, municipal, utilities and private and sovereign investor and sponsor clients. He is also a member of the firm’s Cuba Business Group.
Mr. Plaskett is a member of the American Bar Association and the National Association of Bond Lawyers. He is a 1988 graduate of Georgetown University Law Center and a graduate of Georgetown University.
- Negotiating PPAs on behalf of the Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority to procure electricity from two large-scale solar projects with two developers.
- Prepared and negotiated PPA on behalf of the Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority for procurement of electricity from a biofuel generating plant.
- Advised a large institutional investor in its $1.3 billion investment in Freeport LNG’s $4 billion construction project to build the first two trains of its natural gas liquefaction and LNG loading facility on Quintana Island near Freeport, Texas.
- Represented former NFL star and two other individuals as co-lead counsel in real property contract dispute in the federal district court in St. Thomas, USVI. Prevailed after a two-week jury trial (June-July 2009). The jury verdict was upheld by the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (December 2013).
- Counsel to a major New York investment bank with regard to its underwriting of $94 million in rum tax-based Virgin Islands Public Finance Authority Revenue bonds.
- Counsel to a major New York investment bank with regard to its underwriting of approximately $460 million in rum tax-based Virgin Islands Public Finance Authority Revenue bonds.
- United States Virgin Islands
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1988
- Georgetown University, B.S., 1985
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Virgin Islands Bar Association
Rate : $$$$