Mindi Johnson is the current leader of the firm’s employee benefits practice group. She helps clients navigate challenges and solve problems in the areas of employee benefits law and health care law with a business-minded approach, and a service-oriented delivery. Specifically, the types of matters Mindi handles include:
Employee Benefits Law
- Advising taxable and tax-exempt non-governmental employers and governmental employers regarding federal and state deferred compensation and welfare benefits law, including matters related to fiduciary standards and ERISA compliance.
- Implementing strategic changes to qualified retirement plans (such as 401(k) Plans and ESOPs) and welfare benefits plans (such as group health plans, MEWAS, Cafeteria Plans and Group Benefit Plans).
- Responding to the IRS and DOL audits and investigations of employee benefit plans.
- Providing legal compliance reviews and audits of corporate benefit packages.
- Assisting with benefit plan administration, including preparation of QDROs, distribution materials and nondiscrimination testing.
Health Care Reform
- Developing strategic plans for implementing benefit packages that comply with mandates (and employers’ budgets).
- Providing guidance on administrative challenges, including reporting requirements, determination of measurement and stability periods penalty assessment and transitional issues.
Health Care Law
- Advising health care providers on various legal issues, including fraud & abuse, regulatory, licensing, compliance, billing, Medicare/Medicaid and HIPAA.
- Assisting with health care facility mergers and acquisitions.
- St. Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2004 cum laude
- Calvin College, B.A., Communication, 2001
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$