Mindi M. Richter is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as an Intellectual Property Law Specialist. An experienced trial lawyer, Mindi litigates intellectual property cases of all types around the country, including claims such as trademark, patent, and copyright infringement, as well as trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and domain name disputes. Mindi also frequently handles trademark cases before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition to litigation, Mindi has a vast amount of experience in transactional intellectual property matters. She routinely counsels clients in developing patent, copyright, and trademark portfolios and handles trademark and copyright prosecution matters. Mindi also guides clients in negotiating, developing and drafting licenses, assignments and other intellectual property contracts.
In addition, Mindi frequently evaluates the intellectual property aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and financings. In the area of media law, Mindi also counsels clients and litigates issues such as defamation, rights of privacy and publicity, reporters’ rights, subpoena defense and the First Amendment.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Journalism, Indiana University, 2001
Bar and Court Admissions:
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit, 2014
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2010
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida, 2007
- Florida, 2007
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Co-Chair, Intellectual Property Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Federal Bar Association, Chair, Intellectual Property Committee for the Tampa Bay Chapter
- The Florida Bar
- The First Tee of Tampa Bay, Advisory Board and Board of Directors
Rate : $$$